Saturday, March 09, 2013

Seoul 2012: 광장시장 (Gwangjang Market)

I'm sick today. *sad face*

So this is going to be a short post.

Oh well, it was technically supposed to be a short post anyway, since I visited the market at night, and most of the hustle bustle activities were over already. It's okay, since I plan to revisit the place at an earlier time (perhaps on a weekend?) when I head over to Seoul again.

광장시장 (Gwangjang Market)


There were many stalls in the middle of the market, which is famed for having tons of Korean street food. But since I was with family, we settled on one of the restaurant in the market.

떡볶이 (tteokbokki)

Surprisingly, we did not try the famed dish of Gwangjang market - 빈대떡 (bindaetteok), otherwise known as mung bean pancake. We did try 마약김밥 (mayak kimbap) though, which is named as drug kimbap because of its reputed addictiveness. Of course, we also ordered many other dishes as shown below.

마약김밥 (mayak kimbap)
두부 김치 (dubu kimchi); 파전 (pajeon)
제육볶음 (jeyuk bokkeum)
만두국 (mandu guk)

We ordered some beer to pair together with the spicy hearty dinner. And we were thoroughly stuffed to the brim (prob cos we overordered) at the end of the night. There were a few stragglers who were still tucking into their food at the market square when we left the place. I can't wait to revisit the market again just to experience the atmosphere when it is crowded.

I'm off to bed now at this unheard of time of 9.45pm, with hopes that I'll feel better tomorrow. Till then.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope you feel better and get well soon!

    All of these dishes are making me incredibly hungry. Why can I not have some nowww?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha im recovering...albeit at a snail pace. u can head out for korean food! or there arent much of a selection of korean restaurants where u are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some, but the ones I go to are for the very popular korean dishes, like kbbq or tofu soup. Haha. The others ones I don`t go to because I don`t know Korean (or anyone who is) to take me to try out new foods, since I don`t know many other dishes, even though I want to try. >__<

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...