Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Gyudon (牛丼) and Onsen tamago (温泉卵)

It's no secret that my fave choice of meat is beef. Whenever I'm out, if there's beef on the menu, there's an 80% chance that I'll get the beef choice. The other 15% is because someone else is getting it, and we'll be sharing. Or a 5% chance when I actually crave for something else.
Gyudon  (牛丼) and Onsen tamago (温泉卵)

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Seoul 2012: Myeong Dong (& Misc)

February's more or less going to end and I've (sadly) not sticked to my one-post-every-two-days schedule. I plead guilty.

But moving on, I can finally start publishing my Seoul 2012 trip since I've managed to finish with all my Taiwan posts. I've uploaded them long ago on Facebook (or else risk getting badgered everyday by my friend) but have yet to share them here on my blog. For my 2012's Seoul trip, I've decided to categorise them based on locations.

First up - 명동 (Myeong Dong). Myeong Dong is a particularly hot spot (think 西門町 Ximending in Taiwan or Orchard in Singapore) in Seoul. There are tons of shops and eating places, and it's always crowded. I've been staying in the Myeong Dong area for my past two trips. While it's convenient, I'm contemplating residing in another district for my upcoming trip this year (yeah, my Sis has termed it my "annual pilgrimage" to Korea).

There's a lot (and what I really mean is one every coupla steps) of cosmetics shops in Myeong Dong, so no worries about finding a particular brand of cosmetics there (some brands even have more than one store in Myeong Dong). Many Singaporeans love to head to Korea to load up on cheap cosmetics - so if you are one of them, be sure not to miss out on this area. One tip - if you are equipped with a long list of items to buy from several shops (family and friends will surely request certain items), try not to buy them all at one go if you are on vacation there for several days. The cosmetic shops in Korea give out sample products after every purchase (some even give free masks to entice you into the shops - you don't even have to buy anything!). So say, you buy a few items from your list each day, you can get quite a few sample products by the end of your trip! ;)

There's also a wide range of street food at Myeong Dong. Since there are loads of tourists and locals in this area, the street food vendors start selling their goods around the afternoon/evening time to provide well-needed snacks for the hungry people.

명동 (Myeong Dong) street food

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Sour Cream Waffles

It's the Lunar New Year. So Happy CNY to all of you folks out there! Enjoy the holidays and feast all you want. It's an once a year affair and you more than deserve it. (You can always diet again after that.)

Sour Cream Waffles with Triple Berries Sauce

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Taiwan 2012: Sadaharu Aoki

I've previously proclaimed my love for Sadaharu Aoki desserts. And lucky me have actually managed to sample a few of his macarons (and chocarons) through friends and family who help me to bring back boxes of his stuff.

Sadaharu Aoki

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Taipei 2012: Food & Sightseeing

To say that Taipei is a food mecca could be an understatement. In fact, come to think of it, most Asian cities such as Taipei, Seoul, and Singapore (but of course!) offer a really good variety of food. Local cuisines, international restaurants, street food, and so much more.

Ximending (西門町)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...