Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Omakase Burger

There was much talk about Omakase Burger when it first opened in 2012. It took me a whole year, before I managed to try it in late 2013, in December. I remember the exact date in fact, as it was the day of the Standard Chartered Marathon 2013, and I was absolutely starving after the race as I only got to eat my first meal of the day at about two in the afternoon. Yeah. So. As I was saying, I popped by the store, super eager to get my hands on some burger and fries.

Omakase Burger


To start things off, I ordered a glass of their home-made lemonade. Boy was it mouth-puckeringly sour. I'm a fan of lemons, but wow, the ends of my mouth pinched together after the very first sip. It's nice and refreshing for a change I guess. Fans of lemons will certainly rejoice.

Cheeseburger with onion rings and Deluxe Cheeseburger with sweet potato fries


We ordered different sides so we could share. I loved the sides! By that, I mean I really really loved the sweet potato fries. They were perfectly crisp on the the outside, and tender soft on the insides. The onion rings were also pretty good as the batter for the onion rings was quite light.


The burgers were really good. I loved the softness of the brioche bun (read that it's locally sourced from a bakery specially for the shop), and the extremely juicy meat patty. Mine was the Deluxe Cheeseburger, which had the additions of mushrooms (ahhhh) and grilled onions. Perfect match of flavours explosion in the mouth. The burger did seemed to be pretty small for the price, but it did fill me up, well, cos we also had the sides, and the drink.

I like the location as it's not too far from my place, and wouldn't mind checking it out again if I'm in the area and has no concrete dining plans. The quality of the food, coupled with the free parking available at the Grand Stand, is certainly a draw, so yeps, a definite thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...