Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bacon, corn and peppers salad with maple bacon dressing

I made this salad for a potluck Christmas picnic gathering two weeks back with my girlfriends. Salads are healthy. Salads are good. Salads are yummy. I shall try repeating that to myself to get myself to eat more salads.


Picnic salad

Black swans at the pond at the Botanical Gardens

Here's to 10 years' of friendship and more!

Bacon, corn and peppers salad with maple bacon dressing (adapted from here)

Salad
4 cups salad greens
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 corn, steamed and chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped, toasted almonds

Dressing (extra can be stored in fridge for a few days)
2 1/2 tbsp warm bacon grease (reserved from cooking the bacon)
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup fresh orange juice
salt and pepper, to taste

Toss all ingredients for the salad together in a bowl.
Place all ingredients for the dressing into a small jar and shake until combined. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve immediately. (I brought it out for a picnic, thus I bottled the dressing and poured it over the salad only before serving)

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I love finding new dressing and salad recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...