Thursday, February 03, 2011

Chocolate brioches

Happy CNY 2011! I bet everyone around me is happily enjoying the long Chinese New Year holidays. Well, as for me, as I can't celebrate the festivities this year, the holiday period is just going be just like any other days for me. In fact, I find that as years go by, my excitement at the approaching CNY period seem to be dwindling. Perhaps as a kid, CNY means more - two and a half days break from school, memorising the various festive greetings together with my cousin, getting red packets, buying and dressing up in new clothes, gorging on festive goodies. In recent years, the only thing that remain constant is the getting red packets and gorging on festive goodies? It's like I don't really immerse myself as much into the festive mood anymore. I wonder if I'm the only one feeling this way...

Chocolate brioches

Anyway, here's some chocolate brioches pictures. After my previous attempt at matcha brioches, I remade the recipe again within a week, but replacing the matcha powder with Valrhona cocoa powder. I shaped them into smaller rounds to make 12 brioches, and used a regular muffin pan to bake these (easier to wash up). Taste-wise, I prefer the matcha ones over these. But it's just me. :)

19 comments:

  1. Those brioches look so pretty and tempting! What a gorgeous treat.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so utterly jealous of how your chocolate brioches turned out. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! I could eat a couple of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo both versions look neat! have a happy Chinese new year !! best wishes for you and your family to enjoy a prosperous year of happiness, health and wealth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. xiaolu: thanks! well, can i send over virtual ones? ;)
    kasey, cherine, jane: thanks for the kind words! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.M.G. I want one right now! Gorgeous site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos, Michelle! I especially love the lighting and use of white space in the first one. I really don't think I could choose between chocolate and matcha. Can I please have one of each? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. By looking at it I immediately know how it tastes and that's part of great food photography, too, right? :) Yummy. Thanks for your beautiful ideas and pictures. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my good lord sweet jesus christ, what a GENIUS idea.

    I'm doing this. tonight. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi, just follow the recipe here for my matcha brioches > http://vintagetrinkets.blogspot.com/2011/01/matcha-brioches.html, but replace the matcha powder with cocoa powder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi, just follow the recipe here for my matcha brioches > http://vintagetrinkets.blogspot.sg/2011/01/matcha-brioches.html, but replace the matcha powder with cocoa powder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These chocolate brioches look fabulous! And, I feel the same way with Chinese New Year. I never had days off in school because America doesn't do that, but my excitement has dwindle since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha i totally agree...excitement for CNY proportionately go downhill with each aging year. it's like only the kids are ever fully excited. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...