Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grapefruit mandarin pomegranate white tea jelly

Singapore, being this hot humid tropical island, brings to mind ice-creams, chilled citrus drinks, and fresh fruits. Isn't it a great thing to have such things on hand on a typical hot day? Licking an ice-cream cone, sipping a cool beverage, or munching on refreshing fruits. Mmmmmm. Bliss.

Well, this dessert is splendid cos it contains citrus fruits (mandarins and grapefruits), is cold as it is refrigerated, and the best part is that I don't need to switch on the oven and make myself even hotter than I already was. It's also flat out easy to make, say, ten minutes top? Okay, maybe not ten minutes if you count the peeling fruits time and chilling time. It does take ten minutes to prepare with ready ingredients though!

 
Grapefruit mandarin pomegranate white tea jelly with strawberries


Pomegranates; Citrus segments; Jasmine white tea bag; Jelly without strawberries

Peeling those citrus segments were really a pain in the ass, you gotta remove all the membranes and seeds so that only the juicy bits are left. Also, some people might find obtaining the pomegranate seeds from the fruit might be a bit troublesome. So it really is great that from one pomegranate, you can get roughly a small cup of seeds for the dessert.
Red jewels

Oh, it just occurred to me that I have yet to list the recipe source. Haha. Totally love the mytartelette website. Lots of awesome food photography and every post has a really interesting story behind it. I'm so motivated to try out half of all those recipes... ;)

Grapefruit mandarin pomegranate white tea jelly

The taste of these fruit cups were sooooooooooo good that I actually made them twice in a week. That explains why there's some pictures with strawberries and some without. I first made it without. Then cos I had another pomegranate, and grapefruits and strawberries lying around, it really didn't take me very long to decide if I should make more. This was a totally refreshing dessert to eat, cooling in this hot hot weather. Ice-cream would be too fattening to have too often, and these are great cos the only unhealthy thing is the minimal amount of sugar you add (which you can even omit if you want to be totally healthy). And there's fruits! Fruits are good for the body! Rights? (: This is a keeper and I can see myself making this very often in the future! Can't wait to try find more of such jelly desserts recipes. I'm so not daunted by gelatine already. Here I come, gelatine-based desserts!

2 comments:

  1. Yay invite me over for dinner when u make them again! they are SO YUMMY i like!!! They look so cheery and taste damn nice haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay invite me over for dinner when u make them again! they are SO YUMMY i like!!! They look so cheery and taste damn nice haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...