Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Peach pistachio frangipane tarts

I'm heading out for a litle shopping soon in town with my girlfriend later, so let's make this entry short and simple shall we?

Following the success of the previous tart I made,  I used the same recipe for the tart base for these tarts. Lovely luscious peaches, with their seductive pink hues and tantalising aroma, how do I resist them?

Peach pistachio frangipane tarts

You might have noticed that lately, I'm using photoediting for the first image of my blog posts. I am in love with the vintagey effects of lomo photography and I wish to create the look too. Best to do so with Photoshop! I must say I am pleased with the above photo. It has a rather nice washed out tone to it. What do you think?

Pistachio frangipane; tarts; basket of peaches

Overall verdict: I got the recipe for the frangipane from here, but I must say I didn't quite like the taste of it. Perhaps it's the nut itself. I love the taste of almond frangipane, but not the pistachio version. It's fortunate too, as pistachios are comparatively costlier than their almonds counterparts. (: Or perhaps it's just the combination of peach and pistachio. Maybe I should have combined a different combo. Oh well, I have some leftover pistachio frangipane in the freezer still, so I can find its ideal partner another time.




That was quite a short post wasn't it? Good. Let's keep it this way. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...