Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake

It was Daddy's birthday on Monday, I made a cake for him this year for his 51st! I compiled together different recipes to make the cake - the sponge cake from a website, the chantilly cream from a baking book, and the method of assembling it from yet another website.

This is my first ever whole layer cake, and I can't say it's that scrumptious (but hey on the bright side, at least I got some pretty decent pictures out of it! haha.). The sponge was alright on the top layers, but a tad dry and dense at the bottom layer. It could be that I overfolded the batter just a bit before baking. Bah. And it was a little tasteless on its own, it would have been nice if there was some vanilla or lemon zest added to the batter to enhance the flavour. But I learnt new stuff. So hopefully, my next layer cake would be an improvement!



Happy 51st Daddy and thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...