Thursday, October 01, 2009

Pear banana walnuts muffins

Let me tell you more about these lovely muffins. I think that the pear is an often overlooked fruit for baking muffins. The common choices are banana, chocolate(fine, it's not a fruit but it is a popular choice!), apple, blueberries or raspberries. Yet, the humble pear is a really good fruit to use in baked goods cos they have a subtle light fragrance that heightens the finished product. If you get what I mean. The pears also soften considerably after baking so it doesn't matter if the pears are still not yet fully ripe. Add some chopped walnuts for the crunch factor, well, I think I've found a pretty healthy muffin recipe! (:




In fact, I love these muffins that I've already baked a second batch within a month, just to store the extras in the freezer for future cravings. (Technically, the truth was there were really ripe, and I mean really ripe, bananas lying around in the kitchen, and the most first thought I had was to make more of these muffins to hoard.)


Being someone who loves to experiment with new food, it is indeed rare for me to bake the same thing within such a short span of time. So believe me when I say these muffins are goooood. The second time I made them, I reduced the amount of plain flour even more, upped the oat flour, and added some almond flour for some variation. Hmmm, I think I prefer the first combo cos the latter was just too moist/crumbly for my liking.



3 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy.. Is the recipe not for sharing here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really yummy! Don't suppose you could share this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! sorry it took me some time, i was trying to find the recipe. it should be http://www.thedragonskitchen.com/2009/01/spiced-pear-walnut-muffins.html if im not wrong, and i modified it slightly when i used it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...